I can access the ESP-01 WiFi board at it’s own local IP address, but I’m having issues connecting to it over my local WiFi (http[s]://yourelegoo.local and/or local WiFi IP address.
This can be caused due to several reasons.
Any connection issues related to the http[s]://yourelegoo.local is usually caused by mDNS (MultiCast DNS) not working properly on your local WiFi router or due to a local firewall. Here are some pointers you might want to consider:
- Local WiFi network needs to be set to public (not private).
- For Windows OS, try going in to “Firewall & network protection” -> Advanced settings -> inbound rules and make sure all 3 mDNS entries are enabled, likewise for outbound rules.
- For Windows OS, Check this registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\DNSClient\EnableMulticast.
- Turn off all external firewalls, such as AVG (you may want to re-enable your firewall when not using the Elegoo car for safety).
- For Windows OS, uninstall Apple Bonjour Service.
- Removing IPv6 from the wireless network adapter if your router is set up with only IPv4.
- Turn DNS Filtering off on your router for the Elegoo IP.
- The main reason why the “programmer not responding” happens is that the socket can’t be opened (another program is connected to the ESP-01 or mDNS name lookup failure are the top reasons).